The New Year is the perfect time to clean out your makeup drawer. Applying & choosing makeup is much easier when outdated or unused makeup has been purged from your drawer.
Here are some easy to follow guidelines to help you accomplish this task!
1) to begin, empty your entire makeup drawer or bag
2) get rid of anything that is leaking or broken
3) toss out anything that you haven't used in over two years as there is only a small likelihood that you will use it again
4) look at your foundation collection- you should only need two at most. Do lower cheek swipes to determine which are worth saving.
5) now look at your lipsticks & try to be very realistic about which ones you will wear again. Try on shades that are questionable & throw away any that are not perfect. There are enough lipstick shades out there that you don't need to own any second bests.
6) clean up any makeup cases & bottles that you have decided to keep. Alcohol or witch hazel on a clean swab works wonders.